Andy Wang is a business owner, financial advisor, and host of Inspired Money, named by Forbes as a Top 10 Personal Finance Podcast By Financial Advisors. He has been named among the INVESTOPEDIA 100: Most Influential Advisors, Top 100 Most Social Financial Advisors by Brightscope, and has appeared on Reuters TV, The Huffington Post, Barron's, and Forbes. Andy is co-founder of the Asian American Podcasters Association and a founding board member at Halawai, Inc., a non-profit organization in New York. His company, Runnymede Capital Management, is a fee-only registered investment advisor (RIA) to companies, 401(k) plans, non-profits, and individuals.
Andy is married, has three children, and can be periodically found performing Hawaiian guitar in the New York tri-state area. He has performed Hawaiian music for Christie Brinkley, appeared on the Untitled Action Bronson Show, and entertained 400+ people (despite having terrible stage fright.) He's raised over $10,000 by producing fundraiser concerts and hosted Grammy award-winning musicians in his home.
He was once a black belt in Taekwondo and has been mistaken for French Open tennis champion Michael Chang on more than one occasion, once at Wimbledon.
A painfully shy kid who could tie his shoes at 3, Andy always had a desire to do things well but was often afraid to try. Today, he believes you should do one thing every day that scares you.
• First business: tennis racquet stringing business in 8th grade.
• Current business: owner of a family run, a 27-year old investment advisory firm.
• Host of Inspired Money, a podcast that has featured entrepreneurs, a movie star, money experts, and even a former WWE wrestler.
• Co-Host of Buy Local NJ, a video series that promotes local business owners in New Jersey.
• Past speaker at Inbound, Podfest, FinCon, Podcast Movement PMx, Podthon.
• Actor/author/activist George Takei once helped me get excused for missing a church vestry meeting.
• Was once invited to watch Weird Al Yankovic and band record at Westlake Recording Studios.
• Dad to three amazing kids through international adoption.
• Keys to being a better investor
• Why it's important to have a bigger purpose for our money
• Aligning how we spend and invest with our values
• Getting over fears to achieve bigger goals
• How to use podcasting and video for small business owners