Hello, thanks for stopping by. I'm a critically acclaimed stand-up who has performed at sold out shows in comedy festivals around the world. My own podcast regularly charts in the top 100 for comedy interviews in over 7 countries and the top 20 in many of them. I bring a sense of fun and honest to everything I talk about. I am a passionate advocate for speaking openly about my battles with mental health and am happy to help share anything I have learned to help others. Some stories that I have that are often popular with podcasters. Dealing with anxiety
- I quit my first 6 jobs in 5 months because I was so scared I'd be fired. I was diagnosed with anxiety and have worked hard for a decade to manage it. Check out some of my tips for managing anxiety on Tiny Buddha. Dating
- At the age of 30, I started 'dating' for the first time and went on 52 dates in just 9 months, including the weirdest date of all time. Safe to say there are some stories and lessons in that mix. Travel
- I've lived in 2 countries half a world apart, performed in 5 countries, visited 80 cities in 20 countries. I love staying longer than a weekender and getting under the skin of a destination and have a bunch of terrible travel tales like the night I nearly ended up homeless in Moscow, also have some great recommendations for cities you haven't heard of but should visit and how to find the spots the locals go. Society and progressive politics
- I'm a passionate progressive who's stand-up career largely revolves around millennial angst about inaction on climate change and economic inequality. I can riff on the hilarious woes of that and my thoughts for improvement comfortable. My current podcast has me talking to deep thinkers about granular parts of how we got here and how to address on everything from conspiracy theories to machine learning ethics. I'm always happy to discuss these kinds of ideas in either serious or lighthearted way (or both). Psychedelics
- I took 5-7 grams of magic mushrooms once a month for a year as a part of my anxiety management strategy. The aim was to have as many 'ego death' experiences as possible in a safe and healthy way. I can talk about the science that lead to me making that decision and my anecdotal experiences during and since. Marketing and advertising
- I was a lead copywriter at a creative agency in Australia, moved to the UK and am now head of marketing in-house at a tech consultancy. I can talk about the benefits of comedy for creative marketers and the differences across the world and from in-house to agency.